UPDATED MARCH 9
END OF MANDATORY PRESENTATION OF THE VACCINATION PASSPORT
Following the latest announcements from the Quebec government, we are pleased to announce that as of Saturday, March 12, the presentation of a vaccination passport will no longer be required to access the IGA Stadium facilities.
However, it’s still mandatory for users to present themselves at the reception desk at the time of check-in, in order to indicate their presence and to proceed with the payment of the court.
On another note, please be advised that the locker rooms and showers are once again accessible to users since February 17.
UPDATED FEBRUARY 11
HEALTH MEASURES UPDATE
Following the latest announcements from the Quebec government, we are very pleased to announce that as of Monday, February 14th, recreational tennis practice will resume normally at the IGA Stadium:
- Doubles practice will again be allowed for all.
- Semi-private lessons can resume normally with a maximum of fours participants.
UPDATED JANUARY 14
HEALTH MEASURES UPDATE
Following the latest announcements from the Quebec government, we are pleased to announce two relaxations affecting the IGA Stadium:
- The end of the curfew allows us to re-establish our regular opening hours, Monday to Sunday, from 7am to 11pm.
- Private courses can now be taken by one person (private course), two people (semi-private courses) or occupants of the same residence.
Please note, however, that the following two measures, implemented in December, still apply to IGA Stadium:
- In recreational practice, only singles (in dyads) is allowed, except for occupants of the same residence.
- As it is impossible to control in this space the respect of the wearing of the mask and the social distancing, we maintain the closing of the locker rooms, in order to assure the safety of the users.
UPDATED JANUARY 4
ERRATUM – PRIVATE LESSONS
The Government of Quebec and Sport Quebec have just communicated additional details regarding restrictions on supervised activities such as private lessons.
Until further notice, please note that private lessons are still only allowed for one student (coach + student dyad) or occupants of the same residence.
Thank you for your understanding.
UPDATED DECEMBER 31
HEALTH MEASURES REINFORCEMENT
Following the latest announcements from the Quebec government, we are pleased to announce that the IGA Stadium remains open for the recreational practice of tennis.
Please note however that new sanitary measures will apply until further notice at the IGA Stadium:
- Only singles practice (in dyads) is allowed, except for occupants of the same residence.
- Private lessons are still allowed for one or two students or occupants of the same residence.
- Since it’s impossible in this space to control the respect of mask wearing and of social distancing, the locker rooms are closed until further notice, to ensure the safety of users.
- Our regular hours of operation will be modified in accordance with the curfew in place. Until the promulgation of a new directive by the government, the IGA Stadium will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
These new measures are in addition to those already in place, so that tennis can be played in a safe environment.
Users of the IGA Stadium must therefore always comply with the following measures:
- Presentation of a valid vaccination passport (QR code) for all users 13 years of age and older.
- Respect the social distancing and the maximum capacity of the reception (4 users) and the lounge (40 users). In case of waiting, the tempo set up in front of our main doors will protect you from bad weather.
- You must wear a mask covering your nose and mouth as soon as you enter the Stadium and in all our indoor buildings, except for the tennis courts. Don’t forget to put your mask back on when you leave the court!
- Disinfecting your hands upon arrival at the Stadium.
- Limiting the number of accompanying persons as much as possible, to avoid crowding in the common areas.
UPDATED DECEMBER 23
2021-2022 HOLIDAY PERIOD
With the emergence of the omicron variant and the recent explosion in the number of COVID-19 infections, we would like to remind you that it is more important than ever to respect the sanitary measures put in place by the Quebec government and the Public Health.
In addition to having a valid vaccination passport and not coming to the Stadium with even mild symptoms, IGA Stadium users must always respect the following guidelines in our indoor areas:
1) Respecting social distancing and maximum capacity at the reception (4 users), in the lounge (40 users) and in the locker rooms (12 users). If you must wait outside, the tempo set up in front of our main doors will protect you from the outdoor conditions.
2) Mandatory wearing of masks covering your nose and mouth, as soon as you enter the Stadium and in all our indoor buildings, except for the tennis courts. Don’t forget to put your mask back on when you leave the court!
3) Disinfecting your hands upon arrival to the Stadium.
We also ask our users to limit the number of accompanying persons as much as possible, to avoid crowding in the common areas.
The opening hours of the IGA Stadium will be modified as usual around Christmas and New Year’s Day:
During this period :
– Online reservation times will remain the same.
– Waiting list registration times will be temporarily modified. During the holiday season, junior and adult users with a valid Accès Montréal (AM) card on file should contact the IGA Stadium reception according to the following schedule:
Users who do not have a valid Accès Montréal card will be able to register on the lists the day after (Day+1) of the above dates.
For another year in a row, we are offering free parking to our users and neighbors for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of our free spaces from December 24 to 26, as well as from December 31 to January 2.
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 1ST
COVID-19 INFORMATION AND VACCINATION PASSPORT AT IGA STADIUM
As the operator of IGA Stadium, Tennis Canada takes the health and safety of the users, athletes, coaches and employees within its facilities very seriously. The following measures come into effect on September 1, 2021:
To take part in indoor activities at IGA Stadium, a valid photo ID and vaccination passport (QR code, 2 doses) must be shown by all users 13 years and older.
Parents who accompany children 12 years and under must present a valid photo ID and vaccination passport (QR code, 2 doses) to access indoor facilities.
Individuals who do not present a valid photo ID and vaccination passport (QR code, 2 doses) will be refused access to the indoor facilities. Any expenses incurred shall not be reimbursed.
Visitors to IGA Stadium must comply with distancing measures and the limited capacity of the reception area (maximum four users at a time). This winter, a shelter will be installed in front of the main entrance to protect visitors from the weather.
Masks are mandatory in the facilities, except on the courts while playing tennis. Users must maintain a distance of two metres at all times, except when the two players on the court live at the same address.
Everyone who enters IGA Stadium must disinfect their hands upon arrival.
To obtain a valid vaccination passport (2 doses):
- Digital passport: download the VaxiCode app here.
- PDF format or hard copy: click here to access the website of the government of Québec and find out more about the process to obtain paper documents.
For information on the VaxiCode Verif app used to check your vaccination passport, click here.
IMPORTANT: Your vaccination passport becomes valid and active 7 days following your second dose. You therefore cannot use the facilities at IGA Stadium in the seven days following your second dose.
- For a vaccination passport (2 doses) to be valid and active on September 1, 2021, you must have received your second dose before August 26.
- For a vaccination passport (2 doses) to be valid and active on September 13, 2021, you must have received your second dose before September 7.
UPDATE AUGUST 24
On Saturday, August 28, the IGA Stadium will host the “International Boxing under the Stars” gala, presented by the Yvon Michel group, on Rogers Court. This one-time event will not prevent the practice of tennis on the outdoor courts of the IGA Stadium.
However, the event will generate more noise and light around the outdoor courts than usual.
The first spectators will be welcomed as of 5:00 pm and the matches will take place until 11:00 pm at the latest.
Users of the IGA Stadium will be able to continue to use our parking spaces at the usual rates, by paying at the pay and display machine located at the main entrance.
Please note that as of 4:00 p.m. on August 28, tennis users will be directed by a team of parking officers and must use the Gary-Carter access to access our facilities. They will also have to park in the spaces adjacent to the main entrance, as indicated in the following map:
The washrooms in the indoor facility will always remain accessible to users, through the reception desk.
UPDATE AUGUST 17
IGA Stadium is pleased to announce the reopening of its outdoor hard courts starting Saturday, August 21 and its indoor hard and clay courts on August 30, 2021.
The IGA Stadium facilities will be accessible from Monday to Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
The following health measures will always be in effect at IGA Stadium:
- Respecting the social distancing and maximum capacity of the reception area (four users at a time) as well as in each of the Stadium areas.
- Mandatory wearing of a mask upon entering the Stadium and in all our indoor buildings, with the exception of the tennis courts.
- Disinfection of hands upon arrival at the Stadium.
- Payment of the reservation in a single instalment using an electronic payment method, in order to limit contact between users and reception staff as much as possible.
RESUMPTION OF RESERVATIONS
Online reservations will resume according to the usual rules. For the reopening day, August 21, you will be able to reserve a court according to the following schedule:
|Accès Montréal Junior User||August 18, as of 7 a.m.|
|Accès Montréal User||August 18, as of 8:30 p.m.|
|Regular User||August 19, as of 8:30 p.m.|
You will again be able to reserve a court by phone according to the schedule of your category indicated in the table above. Don’t hesitate to consult the Tennis tab on our website for more information on how to reserve a court.
REGISTRATION ON WAITING LISTS
Accès Montréal adult and regular users will be able to register by phone on our waiting lists starting the day after their reservation rights are opened at 10:00 am.
A user who wishes to register on the waiting list to reserve a court on Thursday must respect the following schedule:
|User Category||Booking Schedule for Thursday||Schedule for the Telephone Registration on the Waiting List for Thursday|
|Accès Montréal Junior User||Monday, as of 7 a.m.||Monday, as of 7 a.m.|
|Accès Montréal User||Monday, as of 8:30 p.m.||Tuesday, as of 10 a.m.|
|Regular User||Tuesday, as of 8:30 p.m.||Wednesday, as of 10 a.m.|
You can also put yourself on our waiting list for the days prior to the last day of your reservation.
UPDATE JULY 16
The National Bank Open presented by Rogers has received approval from Quebec health authorities to hold the tournament under the proposed protocols. In accordance with federal health requirements, the Public Health Agency of Canada is now reviewing these protocols before giving its approval.
Under these circumstances, Tennis Canada is continuing its preparations to host the world’s best tennis players and a limited number of spectators from August 7-15 in Montreal.
Therefore, we wish to inform you that the IGA Stadium courts will be temporarily inaccessible to the public according to the following schedule:
Please also note that as of July 27th, customers of the outdoor courts will have to use the entrance of courts 5 and 9 to reach their court.
The IGA Stadium team wishes you an excellent summer season and looks forward to seeing you when our regular activities resume!
UPDATE JUNE 14
The IGA Stadium is pleased to announce that with the transition of Montreal to the yellow zone on June 14, 2021, players who do not reside at the same address are now allowed to play doubles on all of our indoor and outdoor courts without face coverings and as long as a distance of two meters is maintained at all times between participants.
Please note that the maximum number of users on the courts is 4 according to our rules.
UPDATE MAY 31
The IGA Stadium is pleased to confirm to its users that the recent abolition of the curfew allows us to reopen our facilities according to our regular schedule, from Monday to Sunday from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm.
UPDATE MAY 7
Following the latest announcements from Tennis Québec, we are very pleased to announce that players who do not reside at the same address are now allowed to play doubles on all of our outdoor courts without face covers as long as a distance of two meters is maintained at all times between participants.
UPDATE APRIL 30
Following the postponement of the curfew hour to 9:30 pm by the Quebec government, we are pleased to announce that the IGA Stadium will be open from 7 am to 9 pm starting Monday May 3rd.
UPDATE APRIL 15
A new decree from the Quebec Minister of Health and Social Services relaxes the conditions for wearing a mask during sports activities.
As of today, the IGA Stadium is pleased to inform you that the wearing of masks is not mandatory on the courts for the practice of singles tennis, indoors or outdoors, if a distance of two meters is maintained between the two participants during the entire physical activity.
Outside the courts, however, masks must be worn in all indoor areas of the Stadium or when two metres cannot be maintained.
Do not hesitate to consult the recommendations issued by Tennis Québec following these announcements.
UPDATE APRIL 13
Following the Government announcements, the IGA Stadium must inform its users that wearing a mask is now mandatory for all clients aged 10 and over, unless the players on the court all reside at the same address.
This applies in the common areas as well as on the courts and during tennis practice, inside and outside.
UPDATE APRIL 9
Following the Government announcements, the IGA Stadium must modify its opening hours to respect the curfew.
As of Sunday, April 11, 2021, IGA Stadium is open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday to Sunday
Health mesures, as well as reservation and waiting list hours in effect since March 26 remain unchanged.
Following the latest Quebec Government and Public Health authorities announcement, the IGA Stadium is authorized to reopen its doors to the public as of March 26, at 7:00 am.
Only single play is allowed, except for users residing at the same address.
The maintenance of the curfew does not allow us to reopen according to our usual schedules.
Our facilities will be accessible at the following times: 7 am to 9 pm.
UPDATE ON HEALTH MEASURES
With the introduction of the new variants of COVID-19, the IGA Stadium reinforces the sanitary measures currently in force.
In addition to the rules already in place, our users will have to:
- Respect the maximum capacity indicated for each area of the Stadium.
- Pay for their reservation in a single payment, to minimize contact between users and reception staff.
RESTARTING OF RESERVATIONS
Online reservation will resume as usual.
For the day of the reopening, March 26th, you will be able to book a court according to the following schedule:
|Accès Montréal Junior User||March 23, from 7:00 am|
|Accès Montréal User||March 23, from 8:30 pm|
|Regular User||March 24, from 8:30 pm|
The telephone reservation service will resume on the opening day.
Please visit the Tennis tab on our website for more information on court booking.
REGISTRATION ON WAITING LISTS
Until further notice, Accès Montréal adult users and regular users will be able to register by phone on our waiting lists from the day after the opening of their reservation rights, starting at 10 am.
A user who wishes to play on Thursday must respect the following schedule:
|User Category||Online Reservation Schedule for Thursday||Thursday Waiting List Registration Schedule|
|Accès Montréal Junior User||Monday, starting at 7:00 am||Monday, starting at 7:00 am|
|Accès Montréal User||Monday, starting at 8:30 pm||Tuesday, starting at 10:00 am|
|Regular User||Tuesday, starting at 8:30 pm||Wednesday, starting at 10:00 am|
Following the Government announcements on February 16, IGA Stadium will remain closed until further notice. Visit Tennis Québec’s Website for all updates and to follow-up on the status.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks!
Following the Government announcements on Jan 6, IGA Stadium will be closed from January 9 to February 8, 2021. This webpage will be updated with the latest information. Looking forward to welcoming you back in a few weeks!
For any questions, write us at email@example.com
You are trying to book a court but you get an Error Message instead? Make sure to clean up your browser’s cookie once in a while and this should resolve a couple of issues! Select your browser below and follow the guide – and no need for cleaning supplies!
Despite the challenges caused by the pandemic and unless the government of Quebec issues new directives, we are pleased to announce that for the remainder of the year, IGA Stadium will remain open for playing tennis throughout the Holidays.
In addition, the online reservation platform will remain accessible at all times, the reservation times will not be modified during this period.
Many of you have inquired about the online tennis court reservation platform. We are therefore taking this opportunity to inform you for the colour-coded legend used in our platform:
We would like to thank our clients for respecting, since our reopening in May, the measures put in place by the Government of Quebec and Public Health, as well as all the recommendations issued by Tennis Québec. In doing so, IGA Stadium has been able to offer its clients a safe space to play tennis.
In this winter season, during which the transmission of the virus is increased, we can only encourage you to continue to follow the sanitary measures in place at IGA Stadium.
Respecting social distancing and maximum capacity at the reception desk (four clients at a time). If you have to wait, the tempo set up in front of our main doors will protect you from the outdoor conditions.
Mandatory wearing of masks as soon as you enter the Stadium and throughout the entire indoor facility, with the exception of the tennis courts. Do not forget to put on your mask once you leave the court!
Disinfecting your hands upon arrival to the Stadium.
Prohibiting of playing doubles, unless all clients on the court are from the same household, including during private lessons as well as recreational play.
Tennis Canada and IGA Stadium are pleased to state that tennis is significantly on the rise in Canada. The demand as well as the occupancy rate of the courts at IGA Stadium keep growing year after year, especially during the winter months.
Since the start of the 2020 winter season, the pandemic and the closing of other sports has reinforced this trend. The demand for courts has exploded at the Stadium since the closure of the outdoor courts in Montreal parks.
Since mid-November, we see an average increase of 43% in traffic on our online booking platform and traffic peaks that can reach until almost 1,500 clients simultaneous at 8:30 p.m., to try to reserve one of our 250 time slots!
And while we are delighted by this success, we are aware of the new challenges it presents. The increased traffic on our online reservation platform has caused a slowdown of the system at 8:30 p.m., at the peak of usage, as well as bugs affecting certain client accounts.
We are intensively working with our supplier in order to put in place the necessary resources for a quick solution to the problems encountered by our clients. We will increase the capacity of our infrastructures by 30% and we are working to combine it with the power of the cloud.
The frustrations that we all share should not affect the environment at the Stadium. Over the past few months, we have unfortunately had to deal with several aggressive reactions, particularly aimed at the reception staff. We would like to remind all our clients that courtesy and respect are essential at all times, despite the frustrations caused by the current difficulties in trying to reserve courts.
Please note that in the future, the IGA Stadium management team will systematically intervene with the offending clients to ensure that our staff can work in a peaceful environment, without any forms of violence or aggression. Any clients exhibiting aggressive behaviour, verbal or physical, will be immediately suspended for a period of four (4) weeks.
Despite the particular circumstances that we are current living in, the Holiday season is not without good news!
We are very pleased to announce the following three initiatives:
- To follow up on the repeated requests from our clients, we are please to inform you that we will be selling individual Tennis Canada masks ($15) starting on Wednesday, December 9 at the IGA Stadium reception.
- We are also offering free parking for all our clients for the Holiday season. You can benefit from free parking from December 24 to 26, 2020 as well as from December 31, 2020 to January 2, 2021.
- Finally, we are proud to announce a new agreement between Communauto and IGA Stadium.From now until the end of the year, a Communauto station with five vehicles will be set up in our parking lot and available for use by residents in the area and our clients.
Do not hesitate to consult their website https://www.communauto.com/ for more details.